Welcome to Columbia University’s Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA). Our Office was established in 2006 and with a mission to holistically support and assist Columbia University Postdoctoral Research Scientists, Scholars, and Fellows in their professional training and development; to offer in depth guidance and resources to the Columbia University community on matters pertaining to postdoctoral affairs.
We carry out our mission through:
- Designing, organizing, and providing professional and career development programming and resources for Postdocs across the University
- Counseling Postdocs with respect to mentors, housing, job opportunities, funding opportunities, University policies and practices, and life in NYC
- Facilitating new Postdoc orientations and social/networking events
- Undertaking initiatives to increase visibility of Postdocs and to assist in community building among Postdocs
- Serving as an information repository and liaison among Postdocs, faculty, administrators, and external constituencies
- Offering expert guidance and resources to the University community on the administrative management of postdocs
- Advocating for resources and policies that enhance Postdoctoral training and promote a supportive and inclusive training environment at the University
We hope to be both a starting point for identifying resources available to you as well as a resource during your Postdoctoral training so that your time at Columbia is as rewarding and productive as possible. Therefore, we encourage you to explore and utilize this website and contact our office if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming OPA events.
For more information about the Fall 2016 OPA programming, click here for the Fall Programming Guide.
For more information on the programs and events that OPA has run over the past year, please visit our Career Development page.